Question:
I am a father, my baby momma tried to kill herself. Should i let the judge know when i go to paternity court?
DANK
2006-03-06 20:07:02 UTC
She has 2 other kids that aren't mine and i know they will probably get put in the system since there is no one to take a responsible role in their lives. I would hate for them to be done like that, but i have to look out for my son so that he doesn't get put in the system later on in life if i were to move away or something. I don't want to hurt her or her kids so that is why this is so puzzleing to me. Help needed ASAP
Eight answers:
meanbrat1982
2006-03-06 20:39:06 UTC
If they get placed, it would only be until they can evaluate her and help her. I would say you are probably best to let them know. She may be clinically depressed, and it may be post partum, eighther way, I would. She not only needs help she is apparently crying out for it, that is why it was not a successful attempt thank God. It could have been a childs life in danger instead of hers. I would simply say you mean cause her no pain, but you are concerned

for your child as well as hers.
bootyology23
2006-03-06 20:16:17 UTC
having alot in common with your question i am a single mother who got depressed and didnt want to be on this earth anymore myself. I think first of all you need to talk to her maybe she needs a friend right now who she can trust. and if all fails then yes you should bring it up in court. but also consider what you are doing to your son as well when you take him from is brother(s)/sister(s). even though they arent your kids and they would go to the system wouldnt you want to take them in so your son will thank you later in life for giving his siblings a good home with him? I look at it this way if she had kids before you meet her then you already knew that they came with the package and you already knew the situation. but yet you still choose to have a baby with her. and accept those other kids as yours.
love5
2006-03-06 20:15:24 UTC
yes u should tell the judge. The kids might and might not be put in the system, the judge might order her to get counseling and medications and such, I believe the judge will try to keep the kids with the mother unless a doctor thinks otherwise. Its better to be safe than sorry.
GRUMPY
2006-03-06 20:10:00 UTC
YES, you should. I got custody of my daughter when she was 15. her mother was found to be talking to the TV. When it was OFF. I hired a lawyer and after a short debate in court I did get custody. X-wife did end up killing herself so I did make a good decision by going for custody.
my two cents
2006-03-06 20:16:45 UTC
Did she try to kill herself before or after she had the kids? If she did it AFTER I think you should bring this up...better to hurt her than for the children to be hurt.
sycho75102
2006-03-06 20:10:31 UTC
you can let the court decide or call the child protective services and tell them the situation and then I'm pretty sure they will do a thorough investigation and they should keep you informed of the situation.
Jonathan
2006-03-06 20:20:51 UTC
Yes you should tell the judge, that is if the judge will listen. I can tell you though some judges will not listen to the father. Good Luck!!!!
ccf78
2006-03-06 23:27:56 UTC
I think you know the answer to this one.