Question:
How many of you shop your local?
Mrs. M
2008-10-20 08:34:50 UTC
thrift store and yard sales, charity stores?
What great deals have u found?
Nine answers:
LittleBlueToes
2008-10-20 11:16:58 UTC
My hubby calls me the Queen of Cheap because I am always at some kind of second hand store or yard sale!

There is a thrift store I know of that sells brand name clothes, with the tags still on them... they are from "last season" so that's why they are so cheap. I was just there on Saturday and bought my kids stuff from the Gap, Old NAvy all those places. I walked out with a huge bag full of clothes...all new...all brand name for less than 50 dollars :)

Best find at a yard sale was a set of leather love seats...In beautiful shape. These people were re decorating and you could tell they had more money than they knew what to do with.. I scored the love seats for 75$ for the both of them! At the same yard sale I also scored a couch purse for 50 bucks ( ok I did not need to purse...but were else will I get a designer hand bag for 50 bucks??lol)
2008-10-20 16:46:46 UTC
I don't. Mainly because it's easier to shop at a big chain store like Wal-Mart. Plus I can get toiletries and stuff like that while I'm there. The only thing I've bought at thrift stores or consignment shops are big purchases like furniture. I once got a brand new 3-piece sectional sofa for $400!
Michelle
2008-10-20 15:48:57 UTC
Got some great clothes at a yard sale a few years ago :) They belonged to a lady who was about the same size of me and could afford to dress much nicer than me.

My grandfather use to buy his computer equipment from Good Will. He got decent deals on some laptops that just needed a little work. Although, they had floppies instead of CDs, they worked for what he needed to do.

I have done a lot of shopping at the local dollar stores. Some of my favorite shirts came from them, although I felt that every pair of jeans I got was a ripoff.
Truth_matters
2008-10-20 16:12:02 UTC
LOVE thrift stores and yard sales! I shop at value village regularly lol

I buy things for the house and lots of clothes for my daughter. I have found name brand clothes that look brand new. I go on their half price days and go crazy! I never get too much in one visit....a grocery bag full of clothes for like 6 bucks.....its created an addiction! she doesn't need anymore clothes for the winter now, but I cant resist!
Kris H
2008-10-20 15:46:41 UTC
I always go to yard sales on Saturday mornings. I usually only go to the ones that list baby items in the ad, and I find tons of great stuff. I have found lots of baby clothes for my son and I usually only spend .25 cents per item. Last year I was about to go to the store and buy a leaf blower and I stopped at a garage sale...I found a leaf blower there that works great for $3. I was so proud of myself for getting such a good deal.
mieyboy
2008-10-20 15:42:35 UTC
I shop at my local charity shop, got a really nice bench top in there the other day for £5. Would cost about £40 new in a high street shop.
Tiffany
2008-10-20 15:42:32 UTC
I think that sometimes you can get good deals, but other times, you can get better stuff new on sales at Old Navy. Depends on the day.
gsmom
2008-10-20 16:36:00 UTC
salvation army and saint vincent d paul always before i hit the malls best buy was a Kenneth cole bag brand new with tags for $5.00
♥Gillian..
2008-10-20 15:53:41 UTC
I LOVE car boots!

I'll buy all sorts. I've got so many great deals from car boots.