Question:
Should I feel guilty?
lululala
2006-03-03 19:05:39 UTC
If I am relieved when my mother takes my baby overnight once a week?
Ten answers:
2006-03-03 19:15:37 UTC
My mom watches my 16 month old son every Friday night. It gives me and my husband to spend time together. When I pick him up in the morning I feel refreshed and able to focus all my attention to him. I think having a little alone time each week makes you a better parent. So please don't feel guilty.
ninn09262
2006-03-04 15:28:29 UTC
No, you need a break, even if all you do is go home and relax. You trust your mother to take good care of your baby, and I'm sure they both enjoy the time they spend together.
Blue Eyes
2006-03-04 03:30:00 UTC
Do not, I repeat, DO NOT feel guilty! My mother and my daughter have an awesome relationship because they spend lots of time together!! Sure, I miss my daughter when she's not with me, but I enjoy my "mommy time". I'm also very grateful that my mom gives me that break and is building a strong, positive relationship with my daughter.
my two cents
2006-03-04 03:28:40 UTC
Do not feel guilty! This is a win/win situation...good for all concerned...You and your husband, grandparents, and the baby. Enjoy!!!
green ideas sleep furiously
2006-03-04 03:20:17 UTC
Oh goodness no! You are tired and in order to care for your child properly you must be cared for yourself.

Think about your Mom growing up, didn't you like it a lot better when ahe was well rested and didn't have a short fuse and had more energy?
blackvelvetgoth
2006-03-04 03:16:46 UTC
Don't feel guilty, you need a break sometimes and besides, your baby should develop a strong relationship with his/her grandmother.
TheWiseOne
2006-03-04 03:06:35 UTC
No all parents enjoy some relief from the stress of some alone time. However, don't enjoy it TOO much. Your kid is a part of you.
2006-03-04 03:07:04 UTC
no.... unless you love the baby than yes. if you hate the baby you wouldn't feel guilty
tigrisow
2006-03-04 03:57:17 UTC
no way...everyone needs a break...as much as i love my baby girl and never wanna be away from her, sometimes i need just "me time"...just like you need time away from your spouse...that fact that you feel guilty just means you love your baby...
sharon29384
2006-03-04 05:03:39 UTC
NO I'M SURE YOUR MOTHER ENJOYS HER GRANDPARENT TIME AND I WOULD'T FEEL GUILTY UNLESS YOU DID THIS ALL THE TIME!