Question:
Who is respondsible for the transportation of my son if his dad lives in FL and we live in SC?
jewel
2006-02-04 06:56:42 UTC
I am thinking about filing a court order. I just want to know all my limitations and respondsibilities. I will have full custody of my son.
Four answers:
Killer Curvz
2006-02-04 09:57:38 UTC
Usually there is a 50/50 split of costs, either meeting halfway, he flies him there, you bring him back, whatever you can come to the agreement on and get entered into legally. Usually if you make the parent responsible for their part of the trip (the one that takes the child to them) they will pay for it. If you were to buy the plane ticket to florida, what's to say he'd buy the one home? You'd be stuck with both. Make him pay for your son to go there, you pay for him to come back. You can ask a judge to ask him to be fully responsible for transportation costs, but that usually involves some serious reasons, such as if it were his decision to move to Florida for no substantial reason.
Em la Gem
2006-02-04 06:58:30 UTC
I believe it's a 50/50 split.

He pays for your son to go there, you pay the return flight home.

Depends on what prior arrangements you and the boy's father made previously
noone
2006-02-04 06:59:28 UTC
It might be the parent who moved away. Otherwise it probably depends on what the courts decide there are a lot of mitigating factors.
karawhite01
2006-02-06 15:31:45 UTC
In my case its my daughters sperm donors responsibility topick her up. If he himself cant pick her up then he forfits visitation. I had it put in the court papers that way!