Question:
Assuming your kids were never born, do you think you would be able to live a happy, fulfilling life?
2006-04-08 06:03:32 UTC
Assuming your kids were never born, do you think you would be able to live a happy, fulfilling life?
Sixteen answers:
dmowet1
2006-04-08 06:12:22 UTC
i know one thing... id have a lot more money
logannemilysmommy
2006-04-08 08:30:44 UTC
I'm sure I wouldn't have been really unhappy and depressed all the time but it would always be in the back of my mind what I was missing out on. From the moment I found out I was pregnant with my first my life was instantly better. My children mean everything to me and I think there is nothing more rewarding then being a mother. I've got two children who come to me for everything and love me no matter what (for now lol.) My life would not be fulfilled.
cfrozty
2006-04-08 06:12:59 UTC
it all depends on individuals and what u want out of life. so far if u're happy without a child and u think u will be happy without a child then u will be able to live a happy fulfilling life..

however, if u constantly have this emptiness in u even when u have everything else going for u then it might be that u need a child to fill up ur days.. having children is not actually quite fulfilling but then again it depends on individual as i mentioned earlier..
celticwoman777
2006-04-08 08:38:36 UTC
Honestly? I can't do that. I'm not saying I couldn't have a fulfilling life without kids. Many people do. Personally, I can't imagine a life without kids. In particular, my kids. Once born you just can't remember what life was like without them. My son and his wife have an 18 month old son. They realized right after he was born that they couldn't imagine life without him. Being a mother is part of who I am. If I hadn't been able to have children of "my own," I probably would have adopted or become a foster parent. As it is, my husband and I fostered 3 of my younger son's friends.
Crystal
2006-04-08 07:52:22 UTC
Yes, but only if I could be as wise as I am with them, Ive learned alot since having kids, and I wouldn't give them up for the world, even though it's hard. But I didn't get to live much before I had them so,I guess I would live a little more and spend alot more time getting to know my husband,before having any children.
shrimpylicious
2006-04-08 06:06:17 UTC
I don't have kids and so far I'm happy. I think it depends on what you want. Don't have kids just because you think it's the only way you'll be happy, or because you think it's what society expects of you. If you want kids, go for it. If you feel inside that you really don't, then there's no point in putting yourself (and children) through that.
2006-04-08 06:10:45 UTC
As for human kids, yes, no problem. As for my furkids, I don't think I would have made it through life without them. My cousin is the same age as me (50) and she never had kids and has a great life and totally happy not having kids.
zbelle
2006-04-08 06:52:31 UTC
Of course! I love my children and wouldn't take the world for any of them, but if I hadn't had children I would still have been happy. Happiness is acheived inside, it's learning to make the most of whatever you have, even if it's not much! God bless.
alfjr24
2006-04-08 06:26:25 UTC
i have never really thought about life without my kids. it would deffinately be a little easier, not having to worry about all the important things, like where their next meal is coming from, and are we going to have enough cash to pay all the bills. but those kinds of things are what make life interesting.

so, life without my kids would not be any happier, but it would deffinately be different, and more carefree
me
2006-04-08 06:38:20 UTC
I think if I had no children I would be missing out on the best part of life(for me).There would always be a part of me missing.I think having children and being a parent is one of the greatest gifts in life.
sophiensamsmom
2006-04-08 06:15:43 UTC
Not me, I have always wanted to be a mother ever since I can remember. My husband and I actually struggled with infertillity for 6 years, now we have two beautiful children-they are my reason for living.
JULIE
2006-04-08 07:11:13 UTC
I DO NOT HAVE ANY CHILDREN OF MY OWN BUT I AM RAISING MY NEHEW (SINCE HE WAS 2) AND I COULD IMAGINE MY LIFE WITH OUT HIM BUT I WILL HAVE TO IN THE NEAR FUTURE BECAUSE HE IS 17 NOW HOW SAD YET A HAPPY OCCASION
anonymous83
2006-04-08 06:41:42 UTC
Now that I have my child I feel I would never be able to be happy without him. I would be lost without him.
geisingers2
2006-04-08 08:51:37 UTC
having my children has been the most rewarding thing in my life. i have 3 children. they are 7,6,and 5. i am so bored when they are not home. they along with my husband have made my life complete.
sunshineandrain2003
2006-04-08 06:15:51 UTC
NO I wouldn't be happy they were my life, and now they are all grown and i need to get me a life,lol
thats me
2006-04-08 08:07:46 UTC
i don't what to think of my life without my kids thank you